Comedian Lihle Msimang took some time to chat to The Juice about what it’s like being a comedian in SA. Lihle has become popular on shows like MTV’s You Got Got, and can be spotted on Comedy Central every now and again as well.
Check out 7 random questions we had for this rising star here:
1. Describe yourself in three words.
I talk plenty.
2. Tell me about your first comedy show.
My first comedy show was terrible. I didn’t think I’d be a comedian after that.
3. Which local comedian would you like to trade places with for one day?
David Kau. I know people expect me to say Trevor Noah, but David Kau.
4. The most difficult thing about being a comedian in South Africa?
When you’re Zulu and you have to perform to a Pedi crowd.
5. The best thing about being a comedian in south Africa?
That you have so many different languages.
6. If you knew today was your last day on earth, how would you spend it?
I’d spend it by laughing. Drinking a lot. Cause I know the following day I won’t have a hangover.
7. What are you working on right now?
Currently working on a sitcom. Currently working on an advert for Ford Focus. And Comics’ Choice.